ICEMAN OF BARRA DE POTOSI

A couple of weeks ago we stayed at a BandB in Barra de Potosi, a little beach town in Guerrero.  At breakfast on the second day my husband told the owner that we'd been to Barra ten years before and that I'd made a painting of a man under the now-cleared palm grove and that in fact it was one of his favorite paintings of mine but that I kept it in the closet! Duh and huh!?

I'd been in Barra for 36 hours at that point and never put together that I'd been there before and I hadn't thought of the painting for years.... I wasn't hiding it for goodness sake.  I just stored it once when we were renting our house and then hung something else (I've got a lot of paintings and a small house).  So here's the the iceman from Barra de Potosi, out of the closet at last.
ICEMAN OF BARRA DE POTOSI (31X24" acrylic)

No comments: